Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Signs everywhere signs

It seems that there have been many signs in the last few months leading us to our present location. Or maybe it's just that since we have a new outlook or direction in our lives that we are more aware and open to signs around us.

Brett was having trouble finding work and my summer session got cut so we decided to take a month to explore. I watched an episode of Barefoot Contessa on the food network a month ago and one of her dishes gave me the inspiration for our spicy Italian dog(more to follow). We found someone to keep our apt in LA the day we put up the ad. And found a decent sublet in the Brewerytown area of Philly within a week. Our first day in Philly we drove past a place that had the tag "Good Dog" on it and that is the catch phrase Brett had dreamed up weeks before. (We couldn't find it again after we finally found a parking space but I think if we are meant to it will come up again.) And realtor told us that the neighborhood we were looking in had a pet store called The Dog House a year ago. This morning I felt the need to go for a run (while Brett lay snoring) and explored Fairmount park to Boat House row by the Schukyll river. It was amazing. On my way back I saw a little bird had somehow manged to get a ballon string wrapped around its neck and he was hanging from a branch. I ripped the string from the branch and as soon as the little bird hit the ground he flew off. And there is a BMW parked in front of our sublet that has a license plate that reads "Que Dog".

Maybe we are supposed to do all the things that the signs are leading us to and open our shop. Maybe it will be a huge dissapointment if it doesn't work out for us. Or maybe we had to come to Philly so we could spend some time growing and I could save that litlle bird. Either way I think the signs are saying we are lucky.

Happy Fourth of July to all. Brett and I will be treating the family to a dry run of some of our dogs and blowing up the fireworks he got today in Northern Liberties with a child's twinkle in his eye.
-Ruben

No comments:

Post a Comment